The Royal Burgh Of Kilrenny, Anstruther and Cellardyke Community Council.
Minutes for the Monthly Meeting on Monday 11th June 2018 at 7.30 in the Burgh Chambers, Anstruther Town Hall.
Present: Andrew Peddie ( chair), Jim Braid, Don Mckenzie, Lorna Jones, Mary Thomson, Martin Dibley, Ann Banks, Alex Hay , Cllr Linda Holt, Cllr John Docherty, Cllr Bill Porteous. Elizabeth Riches
- Welcome and Apologies. Apologies from Gail Sorley.
- Mr David Heaney ( Fife Health and Social Care Partnership) and Councillor David Graham to discuss the options appraisal for Ladywalk House.
David Heaney spoke about the need to replace Ladywalk House as within five years it will need re plumbing and rewiring to the tune of half a Million pounds. Also care home standards now require residents to have single rooms with en suite facilities. Therefore it will be more economical to have a new build than try and rejig the existing building.
Modern care homes work on a multiple of 12 bed units so this will have 36 beds , three less that there is now. Extra beds can be purchased from other providers if necessary,.
David then gave a presentation on the various options for possible sites;
- North Marches. ( behind the primary school ) Currently a field, so would have to purchase the land from the landowner and it has access difficulties. Members thought this was not suitable as it would open up the field to residential development which we do not need at the moment. Also more vehicles in the marches complex etc would cause concerns.
- Next to the Waid. Again a field that would need to be purchased. Members thought this was outside the town envelope and may also attract developers .
- Mayview Flats. Build on the site if the flats were demolished. Extensive consultation and unknown timescales and costs to acquire the site if available. A non starter really. ( it would also appear that the empty flats are now being let )
- Next to skeith Health Centre. Only just fits on the site but it is not advised to site a care home right next to a nursing home.
- Land next to the Spindrift on Pittenweem Road. The site is too small
- Bankie Park. The prefered option is to build on a corner of Bankie Park ( .67 Hectares) and return the existing Care home site to park area. ( Ie something like how Waid Community Campus was built.)
This raised a number of issues;
- Could a public toilet be incorporated into the building to service Bankie Park?
- Could a football pitch still be fitted into Bankie park once the development is completed?.
- Access to Bankie park from Ladywalk?
- Future provision for expansion? If the home needed to grow there is no room on this site.
- Does the 36 beds include respite beds ?
After some discussion it was thought that the basic drawing for the prefered site should be put on public display to get as wide a community view as possible. Several venues were discussed but it was thought in Ladywalk itself and in the Community Centre would be most appropriate.
The Chairman thanked our guests for attending and talking through such an important issue.
- Minutes of the last meeting and matters arising. Proposed by Don and seconded by Lorna
- Elizabeth Riches. Emergency action Plan. All east neuk Communities to get together in an emergency. This needs coordinating. Village maps to show key relevant locations , identify requirements and storage areas. Andy offered to represent Anstruther and Mary offered any help she could. The east Neuk centre is the current designated building but this could easily be the Waid. Storage of equipment could be the community shed at the cemetery.
- New members . ongoing.
- Questions from the public. No public present
- Planning issues. No current issues
- Ongoing projects:
- Website. Gail working with midget Squid on updating the web site
- Floral. Meeting on monday June 18th
- Financial report. ( Lorna )
- Accounts circulated and approved. To be sent to FVA for signing. Action Martin.
- Current account balance £56, 914.66 ( most is cycle path money)
- Floral tins banked £96.57, with £109.18 to bank. 2017/18 tins have collected in total £805.59
- Website now in deficit by £318.18 after paying £927 to midget squid.
- Harbour issues. ( Don ) Large improvement in buses stopping in the town due to the repainting to bus bays at the harbour car park . Forth ferries going again in July and August.
- Secretaries report.
- CC elections in October. We need to publicise this as the minimum applicants is eight.
- East Neuk community Councils Group. With help from our Councillors this is up and running again with a successful AGM last week.
- Policing; Unfortunately the police were unable to attend but reported that there are positive outcomes to a number of incidents in Cellardyke recently.
- Representation on other Groups
- Murray Library trustees. Grant to Anstruther primary School
- Silverdykes liaison Committee. Meeting tomorrow.
- Bill: mercat Cross: this is ongoing in a positive direction
- Bill: Poss footpath to Cellardyke war memorial from the entrance to Andy’s roadway allowing disabled access to the war memorial
- Linda : Jims concern will be raised at the next ENCC group with Janice Laird and Sheena Watson on Funding. Also Community Empowerment. Community asset Transfer. Also participatory budgeting.
- Litter bins at harbour masters office not being emptied.
- Ann: some lighting in Cellardyke white and not the usual yellow. Was this right in a conservation area.
- Ann: had received a complaint that there was not enough equipment on Silverdykes park, refer to the liaison committee.
- Alex: Cycle park in Bankie park breaking up in places.
- Mary: Council policy on weeds? Some paths resembled fields.
- Mary: blocked drain in Hadfoot wynd
- Ann: excellent filming in Cellardyke , cleared up afterwards etc
- Lorna . Water running for ages in East End Cellardyke.
With no other business Andy Closed the meeting at 9.10