Category Archives: Classified

Community Council minutes December 2017

The Royal Burgh Of Kilrenny, Anstruther and Cellardyke Community Council.

Minutes for the Monthly   Meeting on Monday 11th December  2017  at 7.30 in the Burgh Chambers, Anstruther Town Hall.

Present:  Andrew Peddie ( chair), Jim Braid,  Lorna Jones, Mary Thomson, Martin Dibley,  Alex Hay , Cllr Linda Holt, Cllr Bill Porteous.

Mr Anderson,

  • Welcome and Apologies.  Andy welcomed everyone to the last meeting of 2017 . apologies from Gail Sorley, Don McKenzie, Ann Banks, Cllr John Docherty.
  • Adoption of Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters arising.  Proposed by  Jim and seconded by  Mary.
      1. Andrew reported that the  Cellardyke Sea queen Group will work in conjunction with  the CRA rather than CC .

Questions from the Public.  No questions

  • New Members.  Ongoing. Andy working with the School encouraging pupils to attend. Ongoing.
  • Planning Report. No comment on current applications.
  • Enforcement issues :Wall in East Forth Street – the intention is still to have the wall rebuilt. The owners are aware of this and it was disappointing that the wall was not rebuilt before the start of Autumn. The Council have instructed that the wall be rebuilt using a lime mortar and the property owner emailed me a few weeks ago to advise that the builder they had lined up to carry out the work had advised (correctly) that using lime mortar when the temperature is likely to fall below 10 degrees and frost is also possible is not recommended. The property owners have said that their intention is to rebuild the wall in April 2018.  It is likely that a Planning Enforcement Notice will be served on the property owner detailing what requires to be done and within what timescale. Smugglers Inn – Trees – Correspondence has been ongoing between the council and Mr Thrupps agent regarding this matter. No further felling has taken place and a report by a tree surgeon has been prepared regarding the remaining trees. An application is to be submitted by the owner seeking to fell the remaining trees and the tree surgeons report will form part of this application.
  • Fife councillors report.
  • Bill: Mobile Phone Mast in Cellardyke: some community concerns.  It does have full planning permission? Members said yes it does .
  • Bill :The land  at cellardyke north of crail road  not zoned for residential. Need to involve with the next Local Plan at the earliest Possible Time. A considerable discussion took place on this and it was thought that the preliminary consultation on the next local plan may start in summer 2018.
  • Bill: Bankie Park. Discussion took place concerning a recent meeting called  by MSP Willie Rennie concerning community concerns about items found in the park
  • Ongoing projects:

Cycle Route. Work is ongoing with Fife Council officers over the shared use paths. Trial investigation pits have been dug along routes to be developed. Final arrangements are being worked on with landowners.The group will being carrying out consultation on possible routes from Kilrenny to Crail, and on where to site repair stations, cycle racks, notice boards etc on the new paths, and how to ensure the greatest safety on all path in the New Year.

Banners.  No report.

  • Telescope. Walk round looking for a new site. Opposite harbour masters office? Will contact Fife Council for advice. Donation Post , ongoing.
  • Website. Gail is now administrator. Agreed to work with TeamAnster to revamp the entire site.
  • Financial  Report.  Balance £57,176.98. Floral tins £210.
  • 36 adults and 68 children at the party. income £208: expenses Brian Low £160, Vicky robertson £60. Boathouse provided a lot of food.
      1. Carl £46.74 for bulbs.
      2. Cycle group asked for travel expenses. Agreed at 40p per mile. To come out of the Cycle group monies.
  • Harbour issues.
  • Jim commented on the CCTV, can we follow this up. Contact Alex Gardner and Moir Gibson.
      1. Christmas Tree. Well done to the Waterfront for donating the tree  and the Community persons who put it up, Including Andy with his forklift.  
  • Representatives on other Groups.
  • Murray Library Trustees. Two tenants had an open evenings  recently
  • Silverdykes Liaison Committee.  Jim took the minutes. Read out
  • AOCB.
    1. Alex :Farm Road/ st Andrews Road works, poor finish.
    2. Mary: queue  for the mobile bank, one their times up they just go. Not happy
    3. Bill: Road into a field north of Anstruther  New entrance to Bonerbo Farm.
    4. Mary: Lighting on footpath next to Cellardyke Church? Action Councillors.
    5. Andy: Monies from Mccarthy and Stone? Martin commented that £300 had appeared in an Harbour festival account from Mccarthy and Stone.
    6. Jim: Landscaping on St Andrews Road? Should start this year.
    7. Jim: damaged bench on the Folly area? Action Councillors
    8. Lorna: East Neuk emergency Trust AGM
    9. Lorna: windmill Road gritten only to Pickford Crescent but not onto East Forth Street. They stick to the bus Route. Surely the corner should be gritted. Action Councillors .
    10. Lorna: Where was a wreath from Fife council at remembrance Sunday?. Action councillors.

Meeting closed at 21.15.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Community Council minutes may 2017

Kilrenny, Anstruther and Cellardyke Community Council.

Minutes  for the Monthly   Meeting on Monday 8th May    2017  at 19.30 in the Burgh Chambers, Anstruther Town Hall.

Present:  Andrew Peddie ( chair), Jim Braid, Don Mckenzie,  Mary Thomson, Martin Dibley, Kevin Lancaster,   Gail Sorley ,  Blane McKnight,  Cllr Linda Holt  ( from 20.30 Cllr Bill Porteous )

Welcome and Apologies.  Apologies Lorna Jones,  Ann Banks, Cllr John Docherty

  • Adoption of Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters arising.  Approved by  Jim  and  seconded by Don
  • Questions from the Public.  No public present
  • New Members.  Jim expressed concern about lack of members , how do we attract new members. Leaflets/ Notices etc. need proactive people. Linda commented on attracting 17 year olds. Action Andy.   Blane suggested “ recommend a friend” .  Action everyone
  • Planning Report.  No report.
  • Ongoing projects:
  • Cycle Route,. £10,000 from Nora weber Trust.  Speeding cyclists in Bankie Park? Kevin to engage with concerned residents.
  • Banners.  Ongoing.
  • Telescope. Silverdyke approved application. Down to Fife Council ( £6,000 )
  • Website.  5,500 looked at Citizen of the year award on web site .  Renewals monies coming in slowly
  • Floral . meeting next monday
  • Financial  Report.
  • balance as of 28th april £46,654.21
  1. Income from Floral tins ( corner shop ) £55.21
  2. Income floral grant £150
  3. Income Fife council grant 2016/17 £868.36
  4. Last years  grant £850 not yet paid.
  5. Expenses Kevin £93.85
  6. 2016/17 accounts completed for next meeting.

Harbour issues.  Mike Thorpe says CCTV too expensive to purchase and maintain for Anstruther.  Fife Council expressed concern about Don getting schoolchildren to clean up the harbour. Martin to talk to Alex Gardner.

  • Secretary’s report .
  1.   Christmas tree/ lights. For the last few years the bill from Fife Council has been between £1500 and £2000 and in good faith this is what Fiona Mitchell and I worked on for last Christmas. However the invoice is for £2660. I have queried this and will continue to do so.
  2. RBS.  Not having a lot of luck talking to RBS but I have contacted TSB and I understand they are looking at the possibility of an ATM at the Bank.
  3. Dance Festival. We have been awarded £1600 towards the costs of the international dance festival . Others have pledged funding and a full financial report will be made to members in the near future.  A parades license has been applied for and I am starting to talk to Harbours about the relevant permissions.  
  • Representatives on other Groups.
  • Murray Library Trustees. Elizabeth Riches, Donald McGregor and Alasdair Busby are all retiring. Bill Porteous and Linda Hold will be new trustees as they are the new Councillors. There will be a vacancy for a member of the public to become a trustee.
  • Silverdykes Liaison Committee.

           Community Proposals for use of Section 75 Funds

  • DS confirmed that Muir Homes have submitted payment of the second £150,000 sum due under   the Section 75 agreement to Fife Council.
  • Green Spaces at Mayview Avenue – adjacent neighbours do not support the proposal for a community garden, therefore the project will not be progressed.
  • East Braes, Cellardyke access – Fife Council have confirmed that the adoption of the access road extends up to the bollards.  Notice Board proposal to be further progressed for committee consideration.  Informal discussions have confirmed that adjacent neighbours are against the provision of a picnic table in the area.
  • Telescope proposal – Committee to confirm support of project to Fife Council.
  • Bankie Park public toilets – Fife Council have advised that as project is of a temporary nature, it does not qualify for contribution from the Section 75 funds. (The Norah Webber Trust Fund will pay £1100 for the hire of toilets.)
  • Billowness Play Park – no update received from Fife Council.
  • St Andrews Road Landscape Areas – the committee considered the project proposal submitted, project score 3.1 assessed – a decision was concluded to recommend to Fife Council that a grant of £2500 be contributed to the project.

Issues Relating to Work on Silverdykes Development

  • Sales Status

Private Housing Reserved 3

Missived 1

Settled 144

FC Housing Settled 57

KHA Settled 44

  • Play Area – DS confirmed that play equipment has been ordered, it is anticipated that the installation will be completed within the next twelve weeks.
  • Road adoptions – DS advised it was likely to be 2 years before the Phase 1 area is adopted.

Next meeting 3rd July 201

  • AOCB.
    1. Gail: Bus Stop in Burnside Terrace. People parking right up to the Bus stop. Bus cannot pull in. needs looking at . Action Cllr Linda . Action Gail.
    2. Mary: wall at Cellardyke Harbour East End of the wall on Shore Street big stones falling out.
    3. Don : Holes in Cellardyke Harbour Still. Action Cllr Linda.
    4. Kevin. Working with Tim Fitzpatrick working on replacing flagpole with virtual Christmas Tree during December.   
    5.  Kevin :Another bike in the park?  Funding available .
    6. Andy  and Kevin  met with Stuart Goodfellow concerning signage around the Town. Kevin raised issues about car parking around the Town. How many busses come to Anstruther. How will the ferry affect the Town?
    7. Andy. Citizen of the year went very well. 40 people attended ,
    8. Members introduced themselves to the new Councillors.

Anstruther walkabout – Various issues, Wednesday 19th April 2017

Andrew Peddie, Community Council Chair

Kevin Lancaster, Community Council representative

Stuart Goodfellow, Fife Council Traffic Management

The meeting was arranged by Cllr Riches, who was not able to attend.   The main point of the meeting was to address the issue of signing to car parks in Anstruther from the shore area.   

The meeting point at East Basin raised the question of coach parking being used by cars and should this be ‘formalised’ by the removal of the bus spaces and re allocating the spaces for cars. (This topic was also raised at Station Road car park.)

Starting at the East Basin car park there is a sign upon exit which shows alternative parking to the left.    This takes drivers to the next car park on the front which is the Folly car park.   If that were full there is a sign at its exit directing people to ‘free parking’ to the left.   

Questions were raised with regards to the operation/use of the barriers at the Folly car park.   I am advised by Harbours & Coast section, who are the account holders for the ground,  that these are used to secure the area for both operational and environmental purposes.

Once you get to the end of Shore Street at the foot of Rodger Street there is a sign which direct traffic up Rodger Street to free parking.   It was felt that this sign could be bigger and this shall be investigated.   

At the top of Rodger Street, on the approach to the main A917 road, there is a sign on the right which directs traffic to the two free car parks, Station Road and Bankie Park, with distances. Ideally this should be on the left hand side of the road, however due to the size of the sign and width of the available footpath this is not possible.   

A request was made that we investigate the possibility of a confirmatory sign on St Andrews Road, beyond the roundabout, on the back of existing brown tourist signage currently mounted on a lamp post.   

It was stated that the signage to the Station Road car park could be better located, as it is beyond the point where drivers may notice it.   This signage is mounted back to back with similar signage for traffic from the other direction and also pedestrian signage for the town centre.   The design for this assembly will be investigated and any changes will be reported to the Community Council prior to any changes being carried out.

Other points were raised as we progressed further up St Andrews Road to have a look at the speeding concerns at the new relocated speed limit as listed below:-

  • ‘Double bend ahead’ warning triangle on west side of St Andrews Road adjacent to Co-operative store not facing correct direction,
  • Misleading ‘Pedestrians prohibited’ signs on east side of new vehicular access road to primary school, (possibly incorrect location?)
  • Signage for Waid Campus within visibility splay on north side of vehicular access road to primary school, especially for left turning traffic exiting Campus,
    • Also no indication to southbound traffic of access to Waid Campus, other than warning triangle,
    • Height of vehicle activated sign to the south of the vehicular access road to Waid Campus seems excessive,
    • Numerous signs for builders/contractors/sub-contractors of new school.
    • Existing signage for Anstruther Primary School still in place after new signage erected which states no access,
  • Conflicting signage at boundary of school estate with regards to speed limits and vehicular traffic prohibition,
  • Redundant tourist signage on east side of St Andrews Road for Craws Nest Hotel & Restaurant.  There may be other signs for this establishment which no longer exists,
  • Redundant ‘Changed priorities on High Street’ sign on Rodger Street (and other locations?) for High Street changes, carried out around 2001(Prohibition of driving Order).

Points shown above in bold are the responsibility of Traffic Management to deal with.   The points shown bold and italicised are the responsibility of other departments within Fife Council to deal with, however Traffic Management will coordinate with them on appropriate action.

With no other business the meeting was closed at 21.03

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail