Minute for the Monthly Meeting on Monday 14th March 2016 at 7.30 in the Burgh Chambers, Anstruther Town Hall.
Present: Andrew Peddie, Don Mckenzie, Lorna Jones, Mary Thomson, Martin Dibley, Kevin Lancaster, Gail Sorley , Cllr Elizabeth Riches, Cllr John Docherty .
In attendance: Neil Anderson, Colin Read, John
- Welcome and Apologies. Andrew welcomed everyone to the meeting. Apologies Jim Braid, Ann Banks, Blane Mcknight, Findlay McLaren, Cllr Donald Macgregor
- Adoption of Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters arising. With one spelling mistake the minutes were approved by Mary and Seconded by Gail.
- Questions from the Public.
- Colin Reid spoke on planning application 16/00466/FULL. Planning permission had already been granted for a development on this site , however it has lapsed. This current application was exactly the same as the previous one. Andrew thanked him for attending and Mr. Read left the meeting.
- John spoke on the plans for 10 information boards to be put up around Cellardyke. He was hoping to start with four and then expand the project. He was applying to the Liaison Committee for funding. The Community Council agreed to apply for any planning permission that would be required.
- Fife Councilor’s Report.
Many Fife Council services will be affected by the budget decisions taken by Fife Council last
month. In particular the ‘temporary saving’ of £1.2 million from Roads Maintenance will
become more apparent as less work will be carried out more slowly, But potholes will still
need to be filled in for safety reasons so they should be reported. Those over 4 cm deep will
be filled in.
2) Kilrenny Bridge.
Subject to satisfying the necessary statutory consents works will start late summer to
strengthen this by infilling the current structure with concrete, incorporating stone masonry
facings and a reinstated stone arch. This will allow the bridge deck to be retained and traffic
flow to be maintained through the works, avoiding significant disruption to existing services
and reduce tree felling. On completion the traffic lights and the heavy kerbs will be removed
and the road returned to two-way traffic, maintaining the existing 40 mph limit.
3) Rodger Street, Anstruther Road closure.
This road will be closed form 11.00 pm on Saturday is” March until Sunday zo” March at
8.00 am to allow BT to carry out ducting work.
4) Zebra crossings for Shore Street.
Scottish Power is to connect up power for each crossing in early March and the work on the
crossings will not take place until April/May to avoid Easter.
5) Folly liNo entry 11 signs are still to be erected in the near future.
6) Urquhart Wynd bollard.
An order has been issued for this to be erected properly within the next four weeks.
7) Mayview Avenue Street sign replacement.
If this cannot be found in any yard a new sign will be ordered in May. It will take three
months before this is delivered and erected.
- Planning Report.
16/00267/FULL | Change of use from derelict storage building (Class 6) to form museum (Class 10) and external alterations including replacement roofing, harling, doors and windows Site Address: Land at Cunzie Street, Anstruther, KY10 3DF | This Site Address Is Still To Be Recorded On Our Property Database (Temporary Address Used) Fife
Bringing a derelict building a new life
16/00285/FULL | Alterations and subdivision of flatted dwelling to form flatted dwelling at 2nd floor level | 1A Rodger Street Cellardyke Anstruther Fife KY10 3HU
Over development, loss of privacy to neighbours inappropriate styling and use of materials.
16/00281/LBC | Listed building consent for internal and external alterations including installation of dormer extension, windows, roof lights, flue and rainwater goods | 1A Rodger Street Cellardyke Anstruther Fife KY10 3HU
As above. Over development, loss of privacy to neighbours inappropriate styling and use of materials in a conservation area.
16/00363/FULL | Erection of flagpole | Land To West Of Harbour Office Anstruther Harbour Shore Street Anstruther Fife KY10 3EA
16/00506/FULL | Two storey extension to side of dwelling house | 1 Fairhaven Crescent Cellardyke Anstruther Fife KY10 3FE
Discuss. Yet another Extension???
16/00466/FULL | Erection of dwellinghouse and detached garage, formation of vehicular access and parking Address: Land To The North Of 8 West Forth Street Cellardyke | This Site Address Is Still To Be Recorded On Our Property Database (Temporary Address Used) Fife
This is the second development in the grounds of the house. Over development and loss of open space(Garden).
16/00800/LBC | Listed building consent for internal alterations | 24 Rodger Street Cellardyke Anstruther Fife KY10 3HU
16/00751/PPP | Planning permission in principle for erection of 2 dwelling houses with associated access and parking | Mayview House Ladywalk Anstruther Fife KY10 3EX
This is a development in the gardens of Mayview House. Access to the development adjoins White Gables and is an upgrade of existing access to the garden. The land currently owned by Fife Council adjacent to the Fire Station has a Right of Way shown going to Mayview House, if the development goes ahead as shown the right of way would no longer reach Mayview House. This needs clarification. It is also worth noting that a possible building and an access road through the council land is shown on the proposed plans but not included in the area designated as being proposed for development. When we have been asked about the future of this land we did not want it sold. We need clarification of the purpose of this road. If this land is to be sold the community we represent should receive full cash benefit.
From a planning stance, I suggest we object on the grounds of overdevelopment, loss of open space(the garden) and loss of right of way to Mayview House. We also should also seek clarity regarding the road shown through the council land and the future of this land and the benefit its disposal would bring to our community in cash terms.
- Telescope. It was agreed to ask Christine Palmer to draw up the relevant plans. Acton Martin.
- Lamppost banners. Mock up of proposed banner circulated and approved. Questions asked about costs including putting them up etc. Action Kevin
- Secretary’s Report
1.Anstruther and Cellardyke in Bloom.
The group met and had a very positive discussion. It was agreed to pass £400 of this year’s monies raised to the CRA plus £100 that was promised from last year. It was agreed that the Community Council would take on responsibility for the boat in Cellardyke and the boat at the cemetery, plus tubs at the marches. Who will be responsible for this?
- East Neuk Community Councils Group.
We met last Thursday . There was an update from East Neuk First responders . Also an update on the superfast broadband project. This project hopes to bring superfast broadband to areas that BT will not cover. It is hoped to start connecting the first customers by the end of this year. Also discussed was ENCAP. It would now appear that only two communities will be working towards a Community Action Plan as the co ordinators post finishes in June unless further funding can be found. Andrew commented that he would like to invite Toby Anstruther to a future meeting
- Anstruther Harbour Festival.
The Anstruther Harbour Festival would like to ask the Community Council if they wish to support the festival financially. The last two years the Community Council has generously donated £500 per year. Gail and Myself will declare an interest and make no comment. After discussion it was agreed to donate £500 however Community Council cannot sustain this year on year as it represents a substantial portion of our income.
- Treasurer’s Report. Andrew reported a balance of £7366. After expenses £6600.
- Representatives on other Groups.
- Town Centre Working Group. not meeting until 30th March
- Murray Library Trustees. Lorna reported a lease has now been signed as of 15th February. The hostel was officially opened on 12th March by Cllr Kay Morrisa with an open day
- Silverdykes Liaison Committee. Not meeting until April
- Elizabeth. A bid is in with sustrans re cycleways.
- Mary. Water at mitchel place, leaking toby. Also street lights mayview avenue/ March crescent
- Don. Drainage in garages off March Crescent not fixed. Choked for Months. Abandoned caravans and trailers at the flats, could FC consider residents parking.
- Kev. we should look for new members.
- Don. CCTV at the harbour ongoing.
- Andrew. Citizen of the year at April meeting. Start at 6.30 then have presentation at 8.00.
With no other business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.30