The Royal Burgh Of Kilrenny, Anstruther and Cellardyke Community Council.
Minute for the Monthly Meeting on Monday 11th July 2016 at 7.30 in the Burgh Chambers, Anstruther Town Hall.
Present: Andrew Peddie ( chair), Jim Braid, Don Mckenzie, Lorna Jones, Mary Thomson, Martin Dibley, Kevin Lancaster, Jim Braid, Ann Banks, Gail Sorley Lauren Mc Quade, , Cllr Elizabeth Riches,
- Welcome and Apologies. Andy welcomed everyone to the July meeting. Apologies Cllr John Docherty, Cllr Donald McGregor .
- Adoption of Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters arising. (7b) banners small because of exposed site. (4c) investigated. (7b)spelling mistake. With these changes minutes proposed by Mary and seconded by Lorna.
- Questions from the Public. No questions.
- Fife Councillors Report. (Cllr Elizabeth Riches)
!) Road markings for Silverdykes.
The general presumption for new residential road junctions within a 20 mph zone is not to provide
any road markings. The rationale is that speeds are low and current thinking on the use of road
space in such areas should reduce priority for vehicles and create a space which prompts greater
attention by drivers. Reducing or removing road markings is a common method to enable this.
2) West pier clean up. Two skips have been used to clear the pier and the mechanical road
sweeper will complete the job by sweeping down the pier this week.
3) New LED lamps.
Street lights on the main road have had LED lamps fitted to replace the traditional bulbs. This
should save money by using less electricity and the LED bulbs last 10 -12 years compared to the
traditional ones that needed changing every 3- 4 years. The saving from the new lamps is made in 5
years’ time and they produce the equivalent luminosity.
4) Dead fish in the Dreel Burn on 7.7.16.
These were reported to SEPA who sent out a couple of officers to investigate. Sadly the amount of
rain water meant the burn was soon running clear and no evidence of a source of any possible
pollution or cause of the death of the very many fish could be found. SEPA can be contacted on
01786547700 and reports from the public are welcomed.
5) Pop up Bob. His presence has been requested in Anstruther and Cellardyke, especially over a
Crail Thrash period.
6) . Community speed watch volunteers.
Speeding is regularly highlighted as a concern in our communities throughout North East Fife and
beyond. Community Speedwatch is an excellent opportunity for local residents to volunteer and
contribute to Police Scotland’s efforts to address these concerns. If anyone is interested in training.
to take part in community speed watch they should speak with their ward officer personally, call 101
and ask for their area ward officers or email EastNeukLandwardCPT@Scotland.pnn.police.uk. Full
. training will be given.
7) CCTV camera.
Police Scotland operates one CCTV camera over three wards: Tay Bridge, St Andrews and East Neuk.
There is a monthly assessment as to where this can be used to the best effect. The costs for a new
camera that has the necessary equipment are likely to be in the order of £15,000. Police Scotland
will give advice on the best system to choose, funding would then need to be sought and the
question of who would maintain such a system and who would be responsible for the date collected
would need to be addressed.
After Discussion it was agreed to pursue CCTV for the Harbour area. Action Cllr Elizabeth.
- Planning Report.
||Formation of buttress walls, two rooflights and door at Mill House
High Street East Anstruther Fife
||Revised application for erection of 39 sheltered housing apartments (Class 8) with associated substation, buggy/cycle store, walls, fences, vehicular access, car parking and landscaping (demolition of hotel, stores, plant and annex buildings)- (Non Material Variation for alterations to 15/02848/FULL) at Craws Nest Hotel Bankwell Road Anstruther Fife KY10 3DA
||Listed building consent for display of one fascia sign and one projecting sign at
23 Rodger Street Anstruther Fife KY10 3DU
||Planning permission in principle for erection of holiday lodges and associated facilities including manager’s accommodation, general recreation and amenity building and provision of new
access to B9171 at Holding No 6 East Pitcorthie Pitcorthie Kilrenny Anstruther Fife KY10 3LF
- Cycle Route. Kevin reported , Scottish cycle team coming to Bankie Park on 28th august. Two or three demonstrations. Dr Bike repairs. Etc. Stalls etc etc. Raise awareness of cycling. Run under the CC banner. Kevin to liaise with CC insurance. Kevin to do risk assessment.
- Website. Doing well as is facebook page.
- Treasurer’s Report. £4478 as of end June. Cheques written out since £500.
- Floral Group. The judging is on 20th . Ken Lawson and Jim Braid will show the judges round the town. Moving forward : Kevin, Jim and Myself met with Keith Jackson and he has suggested the group move into being more of an environmental improvement group rather than just flowers. The group will meet on the 18th to finalise plans for the judging and start meeting from September onwards to plan next year.
- Selling on the folly. The person selling goods on the folly is licensed by Fife Council , something that this Community Council supported when consulted. However we have been contacted by David Shields from the Ship tavern who wonders why this person is charged £10.00 per day and he was charged £50 per day even if he did not use the area. Agreed to write to Fife council. Action Martin
- Small sparks project. Information available on the table.
- Onyoudoorstepfife.org. Information available on the table.
- Christmas Lights. Grant approved for Christmas lights , £2,000. Action Martin.
- Representatives on other Groups.
- Murray Library Trustees. Press release soon explaining applying for funding from Trustees.
- Silverdykes Liaison Committee. Next meeting 11th August.
- Gail- cars parked in bus stop on Burnside Terrace. No lines . Cllr Elizabeth to investigate
- Ann-Poor parking on zig zag at new crossings on Shore Street.
- Mary, Path through church field at Cellardyke used by all. Going over stone wall!! Who owns the wall??
- Jim and Mary- collection tins £207.39
- Lauren. What’s happening at the dreel tavern? Roof mended.
- Lorna. Smugglers an eyesore. Cllr elizabeth it trying to action this.
- Andy . Is the funfair appropriate? After discussion it was agreed to let it stay , and monitor
- Andy. poor parking near the new school. Cllr Elizabeth to talk to traffic management and police.
- Andy. Campers etc parking on the shore in Cellardyke overnight. Possible no overnight parking signs . Who will enforce?
Meeting closed 20.55