Community Council minutes November 2017

The royal Burgh  of, kilrenny  Anstruther and Cellardyke Community Council.

Minute for the Monthly   Meeting on Monday 13th November  2017  at 7.30 in the Burgh Chambers, Anstruther Town Hall.

Present:  Andrew Peddie ( chair), Jim Braid, Don Mckenzie, Lorna Jones, Mary Thomson, Martin Dibley, Gail Sorley ,  Alex Hay ,  Cllr Linda Holt, Cllr John Docherty,  Cllr Linda Holt and Cllr Bill Porteous from 8.12.

Richard  Wemyss, John Brown, Susan Gay, Mr Anderson

 

  • Welcome and Apologies. Apologies Cllr Porteous, Ann Banks.
  • Adoption of Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters arising. Proposed by  Gail , seconded by Don
  • Cellardyke Sea Queen.  John Brown . 70th anniversary of the sea queen.  14th July. starting in Anstruther Harbour, procession to Cellardyke Harbour. Sea queen going via the reaper and other vessels  .  historical aspects of Cellardyke .  Historical characters including  Five principal historic characters. Exploring the history of Cellardyke.

 

Discussion took place concerning finances and responsibilities. The organisers have no need to use the CC bank facilities but ask to use the CC public liability insurance. Martin commented that whoever has the permission to use the harbour has to be the person on the insurance policy.

Jim asked why the event involves Anstruther. Richard explained that this was a good way to get as many people as possible involved.

 

  • Questions from the Public.  Whats happening with the flats? . Why are they not being allocated to people on the waiting list?  Cllr Docherty aid he was shown round the flats today. Apparently it has a bad reputation. Information for residents? Open meeting for residents?  A full discussion took place on community consultation. Susan needs answers for her and other people who live in the flats.
  • Christmas.   Gail reported on the christmas party. Volunteers found and costs have been paired back. Total cost £352 . Income at £2 per head leaves shortfall of £172. Lorna said £350 left from last years event. Tree: Jim reported that a local business, the waterfront,  will donate a tree.  Agreed to put up our own tree and put on lights and ask FC to wire them in.  
  • New Members. ongoing
  • Planning Report. Circulated, no comments . enforcement issues
  • Fife councillors report.

 

      1. Linda concerned about Fibre broadband. You have to tell your provider about fibre , contact digital Scotland.
      2. Bill. Working doc on road on footways, roads 2018-2019.  Burial Brae cat 2. Review Scottish Fire service, look at the retained Fire stations in the area next year.
      3. John. winter manager, night shift officer for winter road works etc. contact on Facebook or Fife Council direct etc.  St Andrews Tourist Association meeting, hoping to promote the East Neuk alongside St Andrews and Dundee.

 

  • Ongoing projects:

 

Cycle Route. The Cycling sub-group is continuing to work with Fife Council to deliver the shared use path to link Pittenweem through to Kilrenny. Sections are already constructed on land owned by Fife Council such as through Bankie Park and Dreelside Park.

There are ongoing discussions with landowners about other areas. Site tests have been conducted along some of these areas.

White markings, solar studs and signs have yet to be put in place.

Discussions are ongoing over Safer Routes to School, Travel plans for Waid and for the primary school and Bikeability training too.

Investigations are being made over a possible Safer Route to School along the Co-op/Industrial Estate Road

A feasibility study is being worked on for the link from Kilrenny to Crail which will involve more public consultation

Work is ongoing in Pittenweem to develop a route going west.

The Community Council of Earlsferry and Elie are thinking what to try to develop from its community.

The Cycling sub-group is keen to hold another Bike in the Park event in Bankie Park in April and would ask for support from the Community Council for this event.

 

 

  • Banners.  ongoing
  • Telescope. Lifeboat shed  being extended. Will wait until we know more before apply planning permission. Liaison committee cannot hold onto the funding for ever. Is there an alternative site? Action Andy. another project is a money bollard. Andy to investigate
  • Website.  Gail now administrator. Meeting with Alan ( midget squid )  this week to get for information.

 

 

 

  • Financial  Report.  End of October ballance £57,395.97.  Last years Tree paid £2376.07 ( £500 had to be taken from our own money) . Remembrance sunday,  wreath £32 church £50. Floral tins £104.20 from 5 tins!! Don reported he was contacting the COOP about tins.  
  • Harbour issues.  Don :Cellardyke harbour still not repaired. Jim can we look again at CCTV in the harbour.  Andy to contact  Alex Gardner.  Computerised ticket machine in East Basin Car Park, is it facing the wrong way.  
  • Representatives on other Groups.
  • Murray Library Trustees. Grant for a stained glass window for the Waid Parent Council. Equality and diversity training for trustees.

 

 

 

  • AOCB.

 

    1. Lorna: gabions damaged in the beach area Cellardyke, Motorbikes? Raised by the CRA.
    2. Paper uplift erratic in Cellardyke
    3. Flag on the flagpole a bit tatty. Action Jim
    4. No lights on the footpath by the church in cellardyke.
    5. Golf club signage? Cars driving past the exit

 

With no other business the Chair closed the meeting at 9.30

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail