The Royal Burgh Of Kilrenny, Anstruther and Cellardyke Community Council.
Agenda for the Monthly Meeting on Monday 9th January 2016 at 7.30 in the Burgh Chambers, Anstruther Town Hall.
Present: Andrew Peddie ( chair), Jim Braid, Don Mckenzie, Lorna Jones, Martin Dibley, Kevin Lancaster, Cllr Elizabeth Riches,
- Welcome and Apologies. Andy welcomed everyone to the meeting . Apologies from Cllr John Docherty, Blane McKnight, Gail Sorley, Ann Banks, Cllr Donald McGregor
- Adoption of Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters arising. With small changes minutes approved by lorna, seconded by Jim.
- Community Council Vacancies. Advertise on anstruther.info etc, make it possitive . action martin.
- Drop in facilities for drug issues. Jim with increasing drug related issues is there a need to develop something on the lines of DAPL? Cllr Riches reported on a meeting taking place tomorrow on this issue. Elizabeth to update.
- Questions from the Public. No questions
- Fife Councillors Report.
1)Bins by the Harbour toilets. The grey containers are there for the flats above the shops. These properties are on a sack collection as they have nowhere to store bins. Five years ago it was decided to,provide these bins to prevent the seagulls from destroying the sacks on collection day.The usage is being monitored and then a decision will be taken to retain,reduce in number or to remove the containers.
2) Harbour Toilets were closed over the six public holidays for several days over the holidays, with a notice on the door to this effect.
3) The area to the east of the Fire Station was initially purchased in 1964 and is currently held as Economy, Planning and Employability land byFife Council.
4) The Local Development Plan is likely to be approved by Fife Council in April 2017. It is for the period 2016 – 20 26.
5) Possible CCTV for the Harbour. This is being investigated to see if a joint
bid could be made for this harbour and for Pittenweem Harbour.
6) Approaches to Anstruther from the north. The 30 mph signing has already been moved north to cover the entrance to the new road to the primary school. There are no plans to provide a flashing 20 mph sign at this position as there will be no pedestrian movements. If attempts are made to use the new road as access to the new Waid this might need to be reviewed or (managed’ through the school.
7) Devolved grants. Changes are to be made to the manner in which some grants are decided upon: Floral Enhancement Grant, Community Capital Grant, Community Events Grant and Community Organisations Grant.The decisions will be taken at an area level but the exact details have still to be confirmed. Applications already made for the Floral Enhancement Grants are still valid and notification will be sent out by mid–February.
- Planning Report. No report
- Ongoing projects:
- Cycle Route. Proposal for 20MPH on Crail Road at Bankie Park . Starting in Dreelside soon, Bankie park nearly finished.
- Banners. East Neuk dook had banners up. Anstruther.info now back up. Booking form for potential users. Action Kevin.
- Telescope. ongoing
- Website. £10.00 s coming in. How many paid up. Action Gail. Update CC minutes. Information boards?
- Floral .Financial Report. Coffee morning 28th January. Meeting early Feb . Action Martin. Thank corner shop. Action Martin. Contact Mary !!!!!!. St Andrews Road _ ongoing. Action Elizabeth.
- Financial report. Lorna produced a spreadsheet putting the accounts together. Members went over the figures to identify some income and expenditure.
- Harbour issues. Don CCTV ongoing , working with Pittenweem. Proposing possibly £10.00 per boat owner per year to pay to maintain system.
- Secretary’s report .
- Christmas Lights all taken down and stored away.
- Community Council insurance form to fill in. email round
- Representatives on other Groups.
- Murray Library Trustees. No report
- Silverdykes Liaison Committee. No report.
- Kevin: Common good assets? Map ?
- Kevin: Tim Fitzpatrick ? next christmas? Action Kevin.
With no other Business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.15.