Community Council Minutes June 2016

The Royal Burgh Of Kilrenny, Anstruther and Cellardyke Community Council.

 

minutes for the Monthly   Meeting on Monday 13th June    2016  at 7.30 in the Burgh Chambers, Anstruther Town Hall.

 

Present: Andrew Peddie ( Chair ) , Martin Dibley, Kevin Lancaster, Mary Thomson, Donald McKenzie, Lorna Jones, Jim Braid, Cllr Elizabeth Riches

In attendance: Neil Anderson , Ken Lawson.

 

 

  • Welcome and Apologies.  Andrew welcomed everyone to the meeting. Apologies from Gail Sorley, Cllr John Docherty, Cllr Donald Mc Gregor.
  • Adoption of Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters arising. With three spelling mistakes corrected the minutes were proposed by Jim Braid and seconded by Mary Thomson.

 

    1. Matters arising: Don reported on the blocked drains at March Crescent. He had spoken to council staff working in the area who investigated and said a camera needs to be put down the drain to assess the blockage. Also the harbour steps have been cleaned.

 

  • Questions from the Public. Ken asked about:
  • the judging for floral competition. Martin said the judges were coming on 20th July. It was agreed to hold an Anstruther and Cellardyke in Bloom meeting on Monday 20th June. Action Martin.

 

      1. Changing passwords on Anstruther.info. Kevin to investigate.
      2. Could the frontpage on anstruther.info change regulary to reflect other busisnesses  in the Town. Kevin to investigate.

 

  • Fife Councillors Report.

 

1 Cycle path Progress. Sustrans has made a provisional award of £280,383 for the shared pathway between Pittenweem, Anstruther, Cellardyke and Kilrenny. Once successful negotiations have been concluded with landlords and the design work approved by Sustrans the full award will be made. The sub- group are now looking for additional funds, having been turned down for a grant of £5,000.

 

2) Stagecoach consultation on proposed bus changes. This runs until 24th June with the  chance to attend an event on 17th June in Cupar,( near W.H Smith) from 4.00 to 4.30 pm, or to complete an online form at https:llwww.stagecoachbus.com/news/east­ scotland/2016/june/public-consultations. There are proposals to change buses to Stirling, Glenrothes, leven and St Andrews.

 

3) Budget cuts.

 

  1. a) The three flower beds at the East end of Cellardyke are not going to be planted with summer bedding plants next year as part of budget saving. Consideration is being given to keeping one bed planted with shrubs to give structure and to allow any additional seasonal planting from the community/nearby residents.

 

  1. b) Dreelside Park play equipment. The swings have had to be removed as they are unsafe and there are no funds currently to replace them. The remaining equipment has been scraped down and painted.

 

4) Craws Nest glass panel. McCarthy and Stone are still considering how this might be incorporated in their plans for the site. So far the reaction has been positive and a final decision is awaited.

 

5) Consultation on Fife Council community assets. Currently the use of all Council halls and centres in our communities is being considered. On 15th  June there will be chance to give your views on the local halls and office by visiting the local Office between 1.00 and 6.00 pm.

Martin reported that the East Neuk centre Trust wishes to incorporate the Council office into its complex and it is important that individuals and other user groups make their views known. There followed a general discussion on Community use facilities

 

 

  • Planning Report.   No relevant planning applications.
  • Ongoing projects:
  • Cycle Route. ( discussed under Councillors report )
  • Banners. Kevin repotted we have applied to the Community Kist for £300 in funding. He is changing the design of the banner after seeing the prototype in place. Ken commented that his customers all saw the banner but it was a bit small.
  • Telescope. Kevin reported this was ongoing
  • Website. Kevin reported that the recent feedback was being reviewed
  • Treasurer’s Report.   Andrew tables draft accounts that were approved . He will pass the finalised paperwork to Martin so the accounts can be independently examined by Fife Voluntary Action. It was agreed to fund any shortfall from the flagpole project undertaken by TCWG, around £120.
  • Representatives on other Groups.
  • Murray Library Trustees.

 

      The trustees are still being kept busy monitoring the building’s compliance with health and safety.

At present the trustees are working on a procedure to enable local groups, charities and individuals to apply for funding, in keeping with our new constitution.

 

 

  • Silverdykes Liaison Committee.

 

          The committee approved of the plan recommended by Alan Bissett of FC for new equipment in the play area of Windmill Court

Housing

Sales Status : 10 reserved 1 missived 120 settlements

Works of Art

The plaques are now in place on the four works of art in the development.

Section 75 Funds

The proposal for information boards in Cellardyke and Kilrenny was received from John Brown on behalf of the CRA. John has already discussed this project with the K&A CC who have agreed to apply for the planning permission, and with FC planning officials.

These boards will provide information relating to the history of Cellardyke and Kilrenny explaining why the area is of special architectural and historic significance.

The committee agreed to recommend to FC that a sum of £12,100 be allocated to this project when the 2nd tranche of the money is available.

 

 

  • Anstruther Harbour Festival.  Martin reported on a successful Harbour festival. To gauge numbers attending the Mac bus had over 1000 visitors which is very high. Also Visit Scotland was busy with their “ coo van” and registered visitors from five countries.  The Fisheries museum said they had a good day. Next years event will mark the 20th Anniversary of the muster and will take place on 27th and 28th May 2017. Ken added that stallholders gave a favourable report and we need more helpers next year to move tables/ chairs etc
  • Christmas event. Martin asked what involvement the Community Council will have this year for the Christmas event  on top of the Tree and Christmas lights.   It was agreed to pursue funding for the tree and lights , anything else can be discussed at a later meeting. Action Martin
  • AOCB.

 

    1. Don commented on the amount of rubbish etc on the pier. Cllr Riches to investigate
    2. Kevin commented on speeding cars on Pittenweem Road. Agreed to ask for Pop up Bob . also to investigate using trained volunteers with speeding cameras . Action Cllr Riches
    3. Kevin asked why some trees at Kilrenny common had been spray painted yellow?
    4. Kevin said that there was a possibility of a visit by Danny Macaskill the stunt cyclist in the future.
    5. Mary commented on the lack of road markings within silverdykes development. It was thought that these roads may not yet be adopted.

 

With no other business the Chairman closed the meeting at 21.06.

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail