The Silverdykes Liaison Committee was set up following the grant of detailed planning permission for the Silverdykes development in Cellardyke. The committee liaises between the developers (Muir Homes) and members of the community in connection with matters arising from the development.
The aims of the Silverdykes Liaison Committee (SLC) are:
- to advise Fife Council on the use to which Section 75 commuted sums in lieu of Open Space provision be put, to provide alternative leisure / recreational space / facilities for the community;
- to liaise between the community and the developers, Muir Homes, (an ongoing task);
- to advise on the placement of four works of art; and
- to consult as appropriate.
The current members of the Liaison Committee are:
- Glenn Jones (Cellardyke Residents Association)
- Dorothea Cargill Thompson (CRA)
- George Walker (CRA)
- Cllr Elizabeth Riches (Fife Council)
- Ann Banks (Kilrenny, Anstruther & Cellardyke Community Council, KACCC)
- Lorna Jones (KACCC)
- Kevin Lancaster (KACCC)
- David Scobbie (Muir Homes)
- Gerald Cooper (co-opted member)
- Susanne McElhinney (co-opted member)
The committee meets on the first Thursday of every second month, and will consider any issues raised by the community regarding the Silverdykes Development. Issues for discussion can be sent to the Chairman, Glenn Jones, on email@example.com. For information on the process of gathering recommendations for the use of commuted funds paid to Fife Council, and their availability, see our Guidelines for making Recommendations, as below.