Photographic Exhibit of Old Anstruther on Display this Weekend

The East Neuk has a long and colourful history as a seafaring area, and has been a vital part of the Scottish fishing industry.  Now, a new display of photographs drawn from the Burgh Collection and the Scottish Fisheries Museum archives illustrates what life in the East Neuk — and the harbour villages of Anstruther and Cellardyke — was like between the 1880’s and 1930’s.   This display of over 100 photos (some prints are for sale), both print and digital, is on exhibit this weekend, Sat./Sun., July 28/29, as part of the Anstruther Harbour Festival.

Visit the Old Library, lower level of Anstruther Town Hall, between 10 am and 4pm this weekend to view the exhibit, and learn more about the fisherfolk who played such an important role in the growth of both the fishing industry, and the harbourfront villages of the East Neuk.

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail